Nie ceq nak share ilmu dgn mommies semua…kpd yg dah ber”babywearing” akan tau advantagenye and kpd yg belum, sile2 la consider utk baby wear ye…mmg best! This article sy terjumpe semasa tgh rajin dok wat research ttg babywearing nih…and it is soooooo true! bace yeh! Mane2 tak faham, leh tanye kat Mak Danish yg cun nie kay! =p
2. Good for baby’s physical development: By being so close to your body’s rhythms, your newborn “gets in rhythm” much more quickly. Your heartbeat, breathing, voice and warmth are all familiar. Research has shown how this helps newborns (especially premature babies) to adapt to life outside the womb.
3. Good for babies whose mamas are depressed: Babies who are not held need more verbal interaction and eye contact, just to be reassured that you’re there. Carrying your baby is a great way to connect with baby (and provide stimulation too) without the “burden” of having to interact. Of course your baby is “right there” to enjoy whenever you feel like snuggling, kissing or talking.
4. The kissing thing- that little head is right there for a zillion soft smooches a day. Love it!
5. Babies cry less: Research has shown that babies who are carried cry 43% less overall and 54% less during the evening hours. In cultures where babies are carried almost continuously, babies cry much less than those in non-carrying cultures.
6. Good for baby’s mental development. Babies spend more time in a “quiet, alert state” when carried – the ideal state for learning. Their senses are stimulated while being carried (yet there is a place to retreat too). When carried, your baby sees the world from where you do, instead of the ceiling above his crib or people’s knees from a stroller. And the extra stimulation benefits brain development.
7. Good for baby’s emotional development. Babies are quickly able to develop a sense of security and trust when they are carried. They are more likely to be securely attached to their care-giver and often become independent at an earlier age.
8. It’s practical! It’s cheap and then there’s less need for putting baby in a box while getting things done.
9. Easy, discreet, hands-free nursing! (I find the easy part more true as baby is younger!)
10. Have other children? Keep baby safe and close while you tend to your other little ones!
11. It’s in style! Babies are the latest in accessories, don’t you know?!
12. Babywearing is a great way to keep the nosy women and germy grannies at church from putting you in an awkward situation- when they want to hold baby. Nice & snug in the sling, baby is more off-limits!
13. It makes sense!!!The womb lasts eighteen months: Nine months inside mother & nine months out!
Latest posts by Harlinda Halim (see all)
- 5 Remedi Alami Ini WAJIB Ada Di Dapur Setiap Rumah - September 22, 2015
- Anak Kerap Sakit? 10 Superfood Ini Bantu Anak Jadi Lebih Sihat! - September 7, 2015
- 11 Cara Rawat Batuk & Selsema Anak Di Rumah Tanpa Ubat - September 4, 2015
yes.. saya sokong babywearing.. saya slalu gendong baby saya dlm pouch dan skrang saya tengah jahit sendiri mei-tai. heheheh, dah siap nanti saya post dlm blog. saya pernah terjumpa seorang ibu yang tak setuju dengan babywearing, dia kata tu semua buat baby takleh jadi indipendent and manja and a bit kurang cerdik sebab takleh nak explore lebih-lebih. hmmm betul ke? lain org, lain pendapat, tapi saya tetap sokong babywearing (tengah berusaha melawan kemalasan menyiapkan mei-tai ku itu)
ello….support babywearing hehehe..me a babywearer too…member of MBW lagi.do you a member?tak recognize if u r..